Wednesday 5 September 2012

Buffalo-ded Chicken!

I'm definitely getting a little more adventurous in the kitchen since the birth of Pinterest and recently I'd tried a recipe that I'd found on there from Kayotic Kitchen.  The link will open in a new window.  :)

http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/kaytucky-chicken

Anyway... My Son is a bit of a fussier eater, but he LOVES hot wings, and pretty much anything that has hot sauce on it, so we keep a lot of it on hand.  I was about to make Kayotics awesome "Kaytucky Chicken" again, when I decided to improvise and this is what happened...


I made a delicious mixture of cream cheese, ranch dressing and Franks Red Hot Sauce.  My friend, Kaylea used to make this fabulous dip that tasted like hot wings, and this is what she made it with.  Recipe, STOLEN!  :D
I used:
1/2 block of cream cheese
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (then I added more, for good measure!)

Mix it all up into a deliciously creamy mess...



Then take a good knife and make a slit through the middle of the chicken breast. Note how I forgot to take a picture before I started stuffing the chicken.  *sigh*



After that, stuff 'em!  I used all of the mixture between 4 breasts and it was perfect.  :)
Don't they look lovely?  =D



I didn't want to make any puff pastry and I had some Shake N Bake in the cupboard.  I'm pretty sure it was for pork, but I'm sure it doesn't matter in the long run. I carefully covered the breasts with the Shake N Bake (there was no shaking involved otherwise the stuffing would be... unstuffed.), then threw them in a 350 degree oven.  After about 10 minutes I had a peek. I couldn't help it, and ZOMG!  They smelled delightful. I baked mine for 35 minutes as I have a convection oven, you'd probably wanna do 45 minutes in a conventional oven.


And again, I forgot to take a picture of them as soon as I took them out of the oven because I was soooooooooooo hungry and they smelled DELICIOUS.  Here's a shot after a few bites.  Hehe.


I'll be making these again! And again, and again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all! :)