Friday 13 May 2011

Happy Friday the 13th!

I decided to start a blog for two reasons... One, because Trish put the idea in my head, and two, because I want to have a non-facebook place to journal about the many changes that seem to be happening in my life right now.  So here goes...

I have two beautiful children, they are 11 and 13 years old.  I had my tubes tied 11 years ago and pretty much thought that I was done with this whole chapter of my life… Until I met my boyfriend.  Over the past few years I’ve been questioning the possibility of having my tubes untied, and on May 10th, I went for diagnostic surgery to see how possible it is.  The surgeon is able to untie my right tube, but the left is too damaged from the strangulated ovarian cysts that I had back when I was 18.   I have a follow-up appointment in two weeks and I’ll find out more then.  I know it’s going to cost about $5000 to get the reversal done.  Yikes!

On a side note.  I just did my first sneeze since having the surgery.  That was not a fun feeling!


1 comment:

  1. In my previous marriage I never wanted children but then I met Raul and he changed everything!! I hope everything goes well with this procedure! Good luck Marie and I look forward to reading more of your posts!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them all! :)